Earlier this week, Google+ announced a new feature called Google plus community which we can call an identical to Facebook Groups. Google plus communities are places for people to get together and talk about the interests they like and share. Whether you are a Photographer, a Traveler, a Musician, a Web Programmer, a Blogger or whatever you are, Google Plus Communities can suit you best. You can find people in you interest and start sharing.
You can join Google plus communities in your interest or create one invite others to join it if a community in your interest does not exist.
How to Get started with Google Plus Communities
Here is how you can get started with Google Plus Communities.
Join a Community
- Click on the communities icon located on the left side of Google Plus.
- Look through the recommended communities, or search from the search Bar.
- Click on any community to explore, if you find the community interesting then click on Join community OR Ask to join.
Create a Google+ community
To create your own community, first of all think about whether to make this community public or private, here are four types of communities that you can create.
- Public community - Any one can join the community.
- Public community - Moderator approval needed to join the community.
- Private - People can find through search and request to join the community.
- Private - People can not find through Search.
Now start creating a Google Plus community.
- Click on the Communities icon on the left side of Google Plus.
- Click on CREATE A COMMUNITY, select what kind of community you are making and enter a name for you community.
- Add tagline, photo, description and add location if needed and click save.
- Invite people to the community and start sharing.
If you Liked the post, spend your one minute to share with your friends and specially on Google Plus.
Liked the blog? you can also subscribe to the RSS feed.