We have already talked about blocking websites but that trick was only for Internet Explorer but today we are talking about blocking websites on Google Chrome.
If you want to block websites on internet explorer, you can see this post: How to block websites on internet explorer.
Things you will need
- Internet access
- Google Chrome browser
- A Chrome Extension named Block Site.
I hope that you have the first two things, but you may not have the last one Block site.
Installing Chrome Extension 'Block Site'
- Go to this link from your chrome browser: Block site.
- Click on add to chrome and add it.
- After adding this extension you will see a small icon of the extension on the top right corner of your chrome browser.
You have successfully installed the extension Block site and its time to block websites on chrome using this extension.
How Block websites on chrome using Block Site
Here is how to block websites on chrome using Block sites.
- Click on the small icon of the extension that we recently added. This icon is located on top right corner of your chrome browser.
- Click on options.
- Add a list of URL you want to block.
- Make it as blacklist.
- Click on enable authentication and set your password and don't forget to tick on Enable Block Site.
Now, whenever someone wants to access the URL that you have blocked will see this page and will not be able to enter on that site.
If you want to block all websites and give access to some sites, then choose Whitelist instead of Blacklist.
This was the simple trick on how to block websites on chrome.
Got a question? Ask in the comment, I am here to help you.