There are many websites on the internet that you use to send SMS text messages to your friends, but now you can send free SMS text messages right from your Gmail account. In this post you will learn how to do so.
How to send SMS using Gmail
- Log in to your Gmail account.
- In the Search, chat or SMS box, (located in the left side above chat) write the phone number you want to send message to and select Send SMS.
- You can send SMS to many countries including United states, India, Pakistan and etc and note that Gmail does not support all mobile operators Here is the list of all supported countries and mobile operators.
- You will get a credit of 50 free messages, this credit will decrease by one whenever you send an SMS. Whenever you will get a reply of a phone user, your credit will increase by 5(The credit will not increase after 50).
- Your SMS credit will increase back after 24 hours if your SMS credit goes to zero.